The activity is carried out in the insurance sector.
The service is divided into various stages, starting with a preliminary desk-based procedure to check the asset’s eligibility for a seismic vulnerability assessment according to current legislation. In case of positive feedback, the process continues by accessing the deeds, checking the design drawings, conducting on-site investigations (even invasive) and modelling, and concludes with the drafting of a capex plan for adaptation.
- Minimise exposure with respect to specific risk factors, identified in a technical analysis performed in accordance with predefined criteria and objectives;
- Optimise insurance policy parameters and calculate premiums in a well-balanced manner;
- Confirm whether or not targeted underwriting monitoring is required;
- Normalise portfolio risks;
- Assess technical risks related to contractual/performance bonds.
- The identification of any technical, organisational and planning shortfalls, and aspects of major criticality (risk matrix);
- The establishment of possible corrective and risk mitigation actions;
- The quantitative and qualitative assessment of residual risks (risk rating).
This service has proven to be an indispensable and effective tool for risk mitigation, particularly for large infrastructure projects, large industrial and energy generation plants, where the highest risks are attributable to the geological, hydrogeological, geotechnical and environmental context and complexity (urban areas, hydraulic risk areas, etc.).
Typical deliverables of this service include the Risk Management Plan, Cost & Schedule Contingency Plan and Contractual Risk Allocation Matrix.
Protos therefore offers a thoroughly innovative settlement format in the current insurance landscape, changing the concept of claims from threat to opportunity and proposing new solutions to manage and eliminate material damage to insured assets due to unpredictable events such as weather events, fires, flooding, etc. Protos LA proposes the restoration of damaged parts to pre-claim conditions, quickly, efficiently and safely thanks to the support of qualified and highly specialised partners.
The advantage of using the specific remediation service is that the insured party, the insurance company and the company can rely on one partner with specific knowledge of the various sectors.
The Project Control (PC) service proactively supports the Project Manager throughout the life cycle of the reconstruction/repair/leasing project, from the start phase to commissioning, by defining objectives, constantly verifying adherence to budget and schedule, and identifying possible improvement actions.
The manner in which the two services are carried out and the deliverables can differ significantly depending on the client and on the project, both in terms of number and type. They may vary according to the size and duration of the project as well as the type of stakeholder for whom the reporting is intended.
A TRANSVERSAL service offered by all group companies to the infrastructure, insurance, real estate, NPE and energy sectors.Protos, a key player in the appraisal sector, helps a wide range of clients, including banks, leasing institutes, insurance companies, insolvency administrators and liquidators, asset owners and managers, potential buyers, credit management companies, etc., to identify the most probable market value of ‘as is’ or ‘as (to be) completed’ asset projects, using methodologies, estimation and reporting models based on international and compliance-oriented best practices (RICS, IVSC, IAF/AFRS, IVASS, USPAP, TEGOVA, Bank of Italy, ABI standards).
Depending on the sector/industry – real estate, energy, infrastructure, manufacturing, marine & nautical, agricultural – of the type of asset and the context in which we are called on to operate (financing, transaction, insurance, distressed assets, asset management), market value is sometimes supplemented by estimates in terms of security/MLV, quick sale, forced sale, insurance, judicial, highest & best use or by normal value, value of usufruct/bare ownership, value of surface rights, value of plant and equipment, and statistical evaluations.
Our service includes:
- A Central Appraisal Unit for establishing methodological guidelines and carrying out spot checks on issued products;
- An Appraisal Management Team composed of Senior Appraisers responsible for verifying compliance with the methodological guidelines established in the work of internal and external evaluators, and also for managing client relationships according to the service levels established by mandate or by framework agreement;
- Appraisers, Junior Appraisers and a nationwide network of approximately 150 qualified external technicians.
The strengths of our service are:
- Independence – Protos is extraneous to commercial activities;
- Market knowledge – ability to select effective real estate observers;
- Transversal expertise – ability to manage risk profiles from multiple perspectives.
For example, in the Renewable Energy, Infrastructures/Large Construction Industry and Leasing Markets, Protos has evaluated and followed the execution phases, in the last 15 years alone, for:
- Over 6.5 GWp
- Over 1500 real estate projects;
- Over 200,000 leasing appraisals throughout Italy.
- Monitoring regulatory developments and market trends (HBU and/or technological);
- Monitoring implementation applications of innovative or consolidated project solutions;
- Enriching the internal Competence Centres (valuable reference points) with technical and experiential data.
In the world of infrastructure, Protos represents a benchmark in transactions thanks to its historic connection with the culture and evolutions of this market, in addition to its ability to understand the special needs of its clients, design tailor-made solutions, and prepare technical specifications and ad-hoc price lists of particular complexity for public and private clients.
The typical deliverables of this service are Adequacy Testing, Opinion Report and Expert Report.